- At your consultation appointment, should you decide to go ahead with treatment a deposit will be required to secure the appointments. This will be taken from your balance at your last appointment but will be forfeit should you fail to keep an appointment or cancel with less than 48 hours notice.
- We require payment for all treatment on the day of the appointment. No further appointments will be made until outstanding balances are paid in full.
- If you are having treatment done that requires laboratory work i.e. crowns/dentures then FULL payment is required before the item is fitted.
- If you are having treatment that requires sedation, all relevant charges must be paid on the day of the appointment BEFORE you go into the surgery for the treatment.
- We accept all major credit and debit cards, bankers draft and cash. We do not accept American Express cards and personal cheques.
- We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel an appointment
- Failure to give 48 hours prior notice will incur a cancellation charge. The charge will be 50% of the treatment fee for the appointment booked for the dentists and 100% for the dental hygienists appointments.
- Should your appointment be on a Monday and you need to cancel over the weekend, then please leave a message on our answer machine 48 hours before your appointment is due.
- Failure to attend appointments will also incur the same charges.
Contact Telephone Number : 0121 427 3210
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patient’s concerns in a caring and sensitive way. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service we provide is the practice manager.
1. If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to his or her complaint and offer to refer him or her to the practice manager immediately.
2. If the practice manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when she will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter; arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
3. If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to the practcie manager .
4. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
5. We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within two working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of the complaint being received to give an explanation of the circumstances that led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to him or her on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
6. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing our investigation.
7. Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
8. If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint or for further assistance may be made to:
Dental Complaints Service (Private patients complaint service)
Stephenson House,2 Cherry Orchard Road,Croydon,CR0 6BA, Phone: 08456 120540
The General Dental Council (The dentist’s registration body)
37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ
This practice complies with the 1998 Data Protection Act and this policy describes our procedures for ensuring that personal information about patients is processed fairly and lawfully.
What personal data do we hold ?
In order to provide you with a high standard of dental care and attention, we need to hold personal information about you. This personal data comprises:
- your past and current medical and dental condition; personal details such as your age, address, telephone number and your general medical practitioner
- radiographs, clinical photographs and study models
- information about the treatment that we have provided or propose to provide and its cost
- notes of conversations/incidents that might occur for which a record needs to be kept
- records of consent to treatment
- any correspondence relating to you with other health care professionals, for example in the hospital or community services.
Why do we hold information about you ?
We need to keep comprehensive and accurate personal data about our patients in order to provide them with safe and appropriate dental care.
How we process the data
We will process personal data that we hold about you in the following way:
We will retain your dental records while you are a practice patient and after you cease to be a patient, for at least eleven years or for children until age 25, whichever is the longer.
Security of information
Personal data about you is held in the practice’s computer system and in a manual filing system. The information is not accessible to the public and only authorised members of staff have access to it. Our computer system has secure audit trails and we back up information routinely.
Disclosure of information
In order to provide proper and safe dental care, we may need to disclose personal information about you to:
- your general medical practitioner
- the hospital or community dental services
- other health professionals caring for you
- the Inland Revenue
- private dental schemes of which you are a member.
Disclosure will take place on a “need-to-know” basis, so that only those individuals/organisations who need to know in order to provide care to you and for the proper administration of Government (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules) will be given the information. Only that information that the recipient needs to know will be disclosed.
In very limited circumstances or when required by law or a court order, personal data may have to be disclosed to a third party not connected with your health care. In all other situations, disclosure that is not covered by this Code of Practice will only occur when we have your specific consent.
Where possible you will be informed of these requests for disclosure.
You have the right of access to the data that we hold about you and to receive a copy. Access may be obtained by making a request in writing, there may be a fee for access. We will provide a copy of the record within 40 days of receipt of the request and fee (where payable) and an explanation of your record should you require it.
If you do not agree
If you do not wish personal data that we hold about you to be disclosed or used in the way that is described in this Code of Practice, please discuss the matter with your dentist. You have the right to object, but this may affect our ability to provide you with dental care.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The information below explains the cookies we use and why
ResponseTap’s call tracking products are used by companies to understand the customer interaction between the website and the call centre. Three cookies are used by ResponseTap to help demonstrate this journey so the business can improve their customer experience.
These cookies are used to help the ResponseTap call tracking products to collect information about how our visitors use our website. We use the information gathered to compile reports that help us to understand how people interact with our business. The cookies store unique identifiers that allow ResponseTap to track a visitor’s progress through our website over time.
The following has been detailed for further clarification on the individual cookies:
The adiV cookie contains an identifier which is used by ResponseTap to track a visitor over time. This allows ResponseTap to show multiple visits made by a customer over time from the same browser. This cookie is set to expire 1 year after the visitor leaves the website.
The adiVi cookie contains an identifier which is used by ResponseTap to help track a visitors path while they are on the website. This cookie is set to expire 30 minutes after the visitor leaves the website.
The adiLP cookie is used to help track visitors who have multiple tabs open in the same browser to prevent errors in tracking.
The adiS cookie persists for the duration of your browsing session and is a standard way of linking together user-created data between clicks.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where vistors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Finance Options & Policies
The Benefits To You
You can have the treatment right now– putting off dentistry may result in it becoming more extensive, invasive and expensive.
- You can spread the cost of the treatment over a suitable period.
- Interest-free and low cost monthly options can be a much more affordable alternative to credit cards or bank loans.
- It’s easy to set up repayments by Direct Debit.
- All finance options are provided by leading credit suppliers and are subject to status.
- Our Treatment Co-ordinators can help you with the application– it’s simple.
How It Works
Once you have discussed your treatment plan with your dentist, our treatment co-ordinator will arrange a payment plan to suit you. You will need 2 forms of ID to complete the application form which is sent off straight away and the approval process normally only takes a matter of minutes. We then get the agreement for you to sign and once it is sent off, you may start your dental treatment. The agreed monthly payments will be set up by direct debit.
What You Need To Know
- Dental treatment finance from a minimum of £500
- Terms available from 6 months to 60 months
- 0% finance available from 12 months or less
- Low interest loans available at 7.9% over longer periods
We are able to provide finance for our patients. (subject to status) Facilities up to 12 months are normally available on an ‘interest free’ basis. Interest is normally payable on repayment periods exceeding this – please speak to us for details. Finance is provided by Direct Dental Finance with whom we have been using for the last 5 years . The finance facility allows us to offer patients high quality dentistry which is spread over time into affordable monthly payments.
12 Months INTEREST FREE CREDIT
Interest Free Credit is available on balances of £500 – £50,000. Up to 12 months, flexible enough to suit everyone’s budget and a variety of treatments.
24-60 Months INTEREST BEARING CREDIT
The most cost effective form of finance for your practice. Our Interest Bearing Credit products have APR’s that are lower than most major credit cards and offers an excellent option to the patient. Available on balances of £1000 – £50,000, from 2 years to 5 years, flexible enough to suit everyone’s budget (or all treatments).
COUNTDOWN INTEREST BEARING CREDIT
Otherwise known as “buy now pay later”. This is a product whereby your customer can benefit from a “payment holiday” for a period of up to 6 months.
Representative example. Treatment cost £1200. Deposit £300. Repayable by 12 monthly payments of £75. Interest NIL. Total sum repayable £1200. 0%APR Representative.